GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING YOUR FINAL MANUSCRIPT
The Technical Digest of the Conference will be printed from the files sent by the authors, on 8 ˝ x 11 inch (US letter) paper. Your cooperation in following the guidelines below will help in maintaining high quality and uniformity in the final printed copies of the Technical Digest.
1. Your paper must be written in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling.
2. Manuscripts should be formatted in US letter size (8 ˝ by 11 inch). Please use the US letter format when creating the files.
3. Manuscripts should be single-spaced, with a double space between paragraphs and a five-space paragraph indentation. Allow an extra half space above a line containing superscripts and below a line containing subscripts.
4. The paper should include:
author’s name(s), affiliation, present address, email address and phone number
a conclusion section
an acknowledgement section
a reference section
5. References should be indicated in the text by a number in square brackets. References should be numbered in the order cited in the manuscript.
6. Diagrams and photographs must be of high quality and be electronically inserted in the manuscript. Diagrams and lettering must be computer-designed.
7. At the end of your paper provide a list of acronyms used in the text. Separate the acronym from the explanation by a colon and two spaces as shown below:
HBT: Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
TDMA: Time Division Multiple Access
8. Do not number the pages.
9. For details about formatting your manuscript correctly, see
Extended Abstract Formatting Instructions.
GUIDELINE ON ILLUSTRATIONS
The Digest is distributed in 2 forms – a printed, black & white digest and a full-color digest on CD. Unlike previous years, we ask that illustrations, drawings, photos, plots, etc. be submitted in high-resolution, full color.
All pictures and figures (line drawings, graphs, charts, etc.) must be positioned at the desired locations within the extended abstract by the author.
The digest on CD will be reproduced from the extended abstracts exactly as submitted. For the printed digest, the images will be electronically converted from color to gray-scale prior to printing.
If your illustrations are prepared in color, please examine a gray-scale print of your finished extended abstract before submitting. Some details may be indistinct or completely invisible, depending on the original color. These should be corrected before the file is sent.
Low contrast photographs (such as TEMs and some SEMs) often do not reproduce clearly. Try to enhance their contrast before submitting the extended abstract.